Tuesday, July 28, 2009

How can i change files and software from my local disk I to my local disk C?

How can i change files and software from my local disk I to my local disk C?





there is barely any space left on disk i so i need to transfer them to disk c

How can i change files and software from my local disk I to my local disk C?
You can transfer files from Disc I to Disc C by cut and paste. But The software cannot be moved, still you can cut and paste but the software will not work. Iwould recommend you to uninstall the software and reinstall them and choose Disc C as the destination drive to save files.
Reply:With image or document files, all you do is a simple "cut, copy, and paste"





If you try this with software (program files) however, they will not function.





Why? Because, obviously the " I " drive on your computer is what's called the MASTER drive, the main drive, the drive that your computer boots from. Whereas your " C " drive is called the SLAVE drive, and is for added storage space only.





There is probably a way to run programs from your other drive, but you'd have to set up each program to recognize the other drive as it's startup drive. And that would be very complicated.





I suggest just moving non-essential word documents, photo files, etc. to the other drive.


No comments:

Post a Comment